His final educational backgrounds are Psychology and Photography.
Recent 5 main activities (personal exhibitions, group exhibitions, concerts) are
- Beautiful Distress. Group. Nieuw Dakota, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2017
- Videoart at Midnight. Solo. BABYLON Film Theatre, Berlin, Germany, 2017
- #resist. Group. Goethe Gallery, Hong Kong, China, 2017
- Bare Lives. Solo. Galerie Wedding, Berlin, Germany, 2017
- The Absence of Paths. Group. Tunisian Pavilion at the 57th Venice Biennale, Venice, Italy, 2017
Awards and recognitions received include:
- 2012 Production Program Award. Sharjah Art Foundation, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 2010 The Fund for the 21st Century _ Permanent Collection. MoMA, New York, USA
- 2005 Best Artist Prize. 7th Sharjah Biennial, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Mario Rizzi is an Italian artist and filmmaker living in Berlin.
His films consider the notions of border, particularly in relation to issues of identity and belonging, and deal with the life of social outsiders, concentrating on collective memories and individual stories, often forgotten or untold. In the last 20 years his films and photographs were mainly focused on the Middle East and on the theme of migration.
Untitled from "August 3rd", Photograph on Hahnemühle paper, 2016, the Artist
The Outsider, 29-min 2K film, 2015, the Artist
Al Intithar, 30-min HDCAM film, 2013, the Artist & Sharjah Art Foundation
Limina, 22-min Betacam SP film, 2008, the Artist
Murat ve Ismail, 58-min Betacam SP film, 2005, the Artist
Out of Place, 29-min 6-screen video installation, 2005, the Artist