|Participating Project||International Creator Residency Program|
|Period||2017.5 - 2017.7|
I love the arts and working with artists. I can imagine that Tokyo has many artists, galleries, museums, non-profit art spaces, etc that I would like to visit to understand about exhibitions, spaces, programs, plans; to study day-to-day skill needed to operate a museums, art institutions, art galleries, art spaces; to visit artist studio to learn, to understand, to interview about their works; to better understand art histories and to talk about a history of connection between Japan and Cambodia. I have already been to Tokyo and I want to build on and strengthen my existing networks and connections there, while also expanding my network. If it is possible, I would like to observe at Tokyo Wonder Site office and gallery space to understand how staffs / curators work to support artists with exhibitions, open studios or art any events. I hope project could give me experience of an international art management and art administration, curation, museum role dedicated to research from the region where I am from. In Cambodia there do not have theory or practices of arts management and art administration, curation, museum study course in general. The project will be benefit me and challenge me to be in arts manager and art administrator, curatorial role, museum role. I dream to be able to take the step to also curate and work outside Cambodia, and to do this collaboratively with a a new network of others in this region.
- to visit history museum, war museum, art institutions, contemporary art galleries, art spaces, artist studios to see different exhibitions, how spaces run including programs and plans
- to meet many curators, art managers and art administrators in order to understand their works to support artists and exhibitions.
- to observe at Tokyo Wonder Site to learn more about their programs.
- to research about connection between Japan and Cambodia
- to visit national library and to start collecting archive between Japan and Cambodia
- to work and study and research about artists in Tokyo to understand their works, their pratices and their histories.
- to give a talk about Contemporary Art Class that organize by Sa Sa Art Projects.