Graduated from UNIACC University of Santiago de Chile (cinema) in 2008.
Recent 5 main activities are:
- 2017, 13th Media Art Biennial, National Center of Contemporary Art, Santiago,Chile.
- 2017, solo exhibition, HUMBOLDT, Christopher Grimes Gallery, Santa Mónica (CA), USA.
- 2016, 13th Cuenca Biennial, Pumapungo Museum, Cuenca, Ecuador.
- 2016, solo exhibition, LOCUS, Visual Art Museum (MAVI), Santiago, Chile.
- 2015, solo exhibition, HIDDEN STORIES, Stadtgalerie of Saarbrucken, Germany.
Other activities are:
- 2014, guest artist of MONOLITH CONTROVERSIES, chilean pavilion at 14th International Architecture Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia, awarded with Silver Lion Prize.
Gianfranco Foschino (1983) is a key figure in a new generation of artists from Chile. He has participated in several group exhibitions, including: 54th La Biennale di Venezia, Italy (Latin American Pavilion, 2011); VIDEOSPHERE, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, USA (2011); HOHENRAUSCH 2, OK Centre of Contemporary Art, Linz, Austria (2011); 18th VIDEOBRASIL, Sao Paulo, Brazil (2013); ILUSION OPTICA, Modern Art Museum, Mexico City, México (2014); 9th SITE Santa Fé Biennial, Santa Fé (NM), USA (2014).
REARVIEW MIRROR, 5 channel video sculpture. 49" LED screens. HD. Variable length. Color. Silent. Wood. Aluminum. Black rubber. 130 x 350 x 70. 2017
CIMA & LUX, HD video installation. 11 min. Color. Silent. Loop. 2016 / HD video installation. 25 min. Color. Silent. Loop. 2016
OJOS DE AGUA, Video-sculpture. HD Projector. Concrete. Crystal. Wood. 515 x 275 x 50 cm. 2016
FILDES BAY, 2 synchronized channel HD video installation. 5 min. Color. Silent. Loop. 2016
THE FIRST SEQUENCE Series. Digital photographies on light boxes. 100 x 150 x 10 cm. 2015
A NEW LANSCAPE Series, HD video installations. Variable lengh. Color. Silent. Loop. 2015