|Participating Project||Exchange Residency Program (Invitation)
|Activity Based||United Kingdom
|Period||2017.7 - 2017.7|
The creator in residence would enable me to gain a sustained and uninterrupted focus to develop a body of work entitled SHE IS THE WORK (after Duras). I would like to use the residency to create an itinerant studio and unfolding archive of the research and developmental work found, made, written and spoken during the residency. The aim is to ground this project and evolve the research, into a new body of work (moving image, sound and text) in addition to writing up the experience as a textual essay.
- Use the studio to develop, make, house and present the research/work in progress.
- To develop a mode of 'choreography' for the research material i.e. how this material be formally presented as both object, material and document.
- Evolve my approach to and understanding of how I can develop the 'itinerant studio' and 'unfolding archive' as modes of practice.
- Access to a community of practitioners to share, discuss and present my research as it is evolving. In addition to opening a dialogue around the global working methods of research processes and strategies.
- I would use my time on the residency to gather material, reflect and present simultaneously. The talks/updates/conversation would enable me to latently 'perform' the research and the inquiry.