Graduated from Academy of Media Arts Cologne in 2006.
Recent 5 main activities (personal exhibitions, group exhibitions, concerts) are
- "Beyond Metabolism", premiered at Berlinale Film Festival, Forum Expanded, 2014, followed by variuos festivals (eg. 28. Image Forum Festival Japan, Tokyo 2014, North West Film Forum, Seattle 2016)
- "Laufhaus/Cathouse" (eg. Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen, 2007, Biennale de l'image en mouvement, Genf 2007 or sexwork, KUNST, MYTHOS, REALITÄT, NGBK, Berlin, 2006/7 (group))
- "End of an Elephant" (eg. Vision Du Rèel, Nyon, 2006, BAFICI Filmfestival Buenos Aires, 2007)
Other activities are
- Ongoing collaborative work with filmmaker Volker Sattel, latest on editing for "La Cupola", V. Sattel (2016).
- Residency at Villa Kamogawa, Goethe Institut Kyoto, 2013.
- Since 2017 curation of CINEMA + / films and talks presented at Kultruraum Zwingli Kirche, Berlin.
Stefanie Gaus is an artist/filmmaker based in Berlin. Her interest in political and socio-cultural impacts, also seen as matter of representation, and her distinctive view on spacial and architectural dimensions are shown in her recent films, which have been screened at film festivals and exhibitions. She teaches at the University of the Arts, Berlin in the fields of narrative film.
Beyond Metabolism, 2014, ©KatiaFouquet
Beyond Metabolism, 2014, still, ©VolkerSattel
Laufhaus, 2006, ©KatiaFouquet
Laufhaus, 2006, still, ©StefanieGaus
End of an Elefant, 2006, still, ©StefanieGaus
Rossia, ongiong, still, ©StefanieGaus