|Participating Project||Exchange Residency Program (Delegation)|
|City / Place stayed||Vienna/Kunsthalle Exnergasse|
|Period||2019.4 - 2019.6|
“After-Ripening & Corruption: Paraphrasing Manners”: Developing my ongoing project around the language and cultural translations in the lives of moving people, I turn the spotlight on social manners as a form of reflex and non-verbal communication and as something that reflects culture, moral and mentality. As a threshold to intervene gently into social situation and thoughts, I observe the social actions and manners that are not the object of the gaze, and their diffusion. Through the dialogue and collaboration with those who are deeply conscious about their physicality and voice in the act of communication, I attempt to invent and implement daily social manners that can be "the slow-acting antidote/trigger" to lead to an imagined society.
- I observe everyday social manners in public space, where various people come and go, or encounter with another.
- I research the practice of those who are attentive to their physicality and voice in communication, and actively exchange with them.
- I extract some social circumstances to intervene in and the manners to react to. Examining my own interpretation of them, I iterate attempts to translate my response into physical expressions of own idiom, valuing the intuitions free from "the norms".
- I share the process with others to discuss and evolve the project, adopting the misunderstandings and "homonyms" of the manners that emerge in the course.
- I edit the recordings of the process, using video and other medias. As a proposition of "new social manners to lead to an imagined society", I practice the invented manners together with the collaborators.